January Favourites

january favourites

Another month done and dusted! January is always one of them dull months but luckily I had lots of new products from Christmas and the sales to cheer me up. Here are my top favourites.
january favourites

I’m definitely one of them bloggers who hoard products and I’m a sucker for good packaging. When Marc Jacobs Decadence was released I immediately knew I needed it in my life. My initial thoughts where, its like a bag?! Seriously it’s so luxurious with the snake-skin and tassel and the fragrance doesn’t disappoint either. Indulge yourself with a sweet smell of palma violets and musky notes.. a dream!

Another one for packaging and celebrity collabs, wow Urban Decay you have done it once again. A palette filled with matte and shimmer shadows all designed with the help of Gwen Stefani. From the gold, black and white packaging to the stunning array of colours, it’s a palette that well and truly compliments their other eyeshadow delights. It’s a must for any girls makeup collection.

In the opening of one door of my Marks and Spencer calendar I come across the Pixi Glow Tonic! The hype around this product was definitely worth waiting for. I’ve used this as part of my skincare routine over christmas and january and so far I’m really impressed how my skin looks especially in this cold weather.

Now I know I’ve just featured Snow Fairy in my current Lush favourites (here) but I couldn’t help but mention it as my Jan favourites. I mean it’s every girls fave bath product over the festive season and we all wish we could have our hands on it all year round. I guess that would take the fun out of owning it right? Only two bottles and I’m all used up. Cry.

january favourites

I haven’t mentioned much about my Dior Forever foundation in ‘040’ but today I felt it needed a bit of appreciation. It’s kind of a on and off foundation for me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t sit well with powders ect, maybe because it’s matte. However maybe because my skin is more dry due to the weather I’ve noticed this has worked well so I’ve enjoyed it this month.

You can’t beat a good blusher, for Christmas I got MAC blush in Crisp whites and its the perfect soft pink! It’s matte so sits well but it just adds that subtle pink to the face without the shimmer. It’s definitely a new fave for me, it reminds me of Benefit’s Dandelion.

So I’ve had my eye on the Stila One Step Correct for a while. Mainly because it just looked fascinating and I was intrigued to see how it worked. The colours are meant to reduce redness, dark circles and correct the skintone. Since using it as a base I’ve noticed my redness of spots aren’t as visible and my dark circles look barely noticeable – this is before foundation I’m talking about!! Only need a tiny little pump of it too.

And finally I can honestly say I’ve tried pretty much all YSL‘s mascara range. Although not my true fave, Babydoll is definitely up there with the best mascara‘s I’ve tried. It’s the product that you need to invest in, with most YSL mascara’s, the longer you have them the better they become. When they are a little dry the product feels better on the lashes which means thicker and longer results!

So there you have it, the first month of 2016 over with already. Are any of these your favourite? What were your Jan favourites?

cropped-blog1.png

Style Awards at polishedcouture

Would mean the world if you could nominate me for Most Stylish Blogger! Click here.

Share:

19 Comments

1. February 7, 2016 / 1:52 pm

I always want to buy that Stila product just for how pretty it is! I really want to smell the Dior perfume, I didn’t expect it to be a musky one for some reason. They’re my favourite type of scents. So jealous you have some Snow Fairy left xx

Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

• February 8, 2016 / 11:38 am

Haha that’s what I was like! It’s lovely! I know I’ve still got 2 more bottles luckily xx

2. February 7, 2016 / 2:28 pm

Gorgeous photos as always! I’m so tempted by the Pixi Glow tonic, do you think it would be ok for someone with dry skin? xx

• February 8, 2016 / 11:39 am

Aw thank you lovely!! Yeah I would say so, its really soft on the skin xx

3. February 7, 2016 / 4:28 pm

Babe I love ALL these products!! Nooooo for your Snow Fairy finishing .. mine ran out a while ago and I MISS IT SO MUCH!! That Mac blush sounds gorgeous too .. I have heard FAB things about Benefit’s Dandelion… so it is great that there is a dupe for it!! ALSO… have you always had that blog header? It is ADORABLE!!! Fab post baby girl!!

Saira
    xo

• February 8, 2016 / 11:42 am

Woo thank you! Aw nooo, luckily I have a couple of bottles left. I know yeah its a lovely colour blush. Aw yeah I’ve had it for a couple of month now.. Hehe thank you gorgeous xx

4. February 7, 2016 / 4:36 pm

I went to a Dior event the other day and liked the sound of the Forever foundation. I’ve got a sample so will be testing it out! I also love the look of the UD Gwen Stefani palette, but I’m on a budget so it will have to wait 🙁 xx

Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

• February 8, 2016 / 11:43 am

Oh I seen a few bloggers go to that, looked so good! Hope you like it. Hope you pick it up soon! xx

5. Emily
    February 7, 2016 / 10:29 pm

I love Pixi Glow Tonic – such a great product although wasn’t easy to get hold of for me personally! I’ve also heard so many great things about Gwen’s UD palette!

Musings & More

• February 8, 2016 / 11:44 am

It’s so good! Its perfect, you’ll have to treat yourself to it 🙂

6. February 8, 2016 / 12:06 pm

I love the packaging for Marc Jacobs – Never disappoints!

• February 8, 2016 / 12:19 pm

Me too! It makes me want them all now

7. February 8, 2016 / 1:27 pm

The Dior Forever foundation has been a favourite of mine too for years!! I am looking forward to try the new one to see if it’s that much different, hope they haven’t changed the formula by much, or if anything for the better 😉 Great post !

• February 8, 2016 / 6:49 pm

Oh I didn’t know they were renewing it! I know yeah its lovely as it is. Thank you 😀

• February 9, 2016 / 12:43 pm

I’ll be on my second soon!! Me too 🙂 xx

8. February 23, 2016 / 10:58 pm

Pixi Glow Tonic is one of my favourite skincare products to date. In fact, if you get the chance definitely check out some of their other skincare offerings. The Glow mud mask is also amazing. x

• February 24, 2016 / 9:34 am

Oooh I will I’m interested in trying more of their range, thank you! x

Let me know your thoughts!