Hey everyone! I’m having a fab time so far in Ibiza. I’m super excited to share with you all something a little different today… A First Guest Post for PolishedCouture by the lovely and very generous Carrie from cupoftea-with-carrie.com. We’ve been twitter friends for a while now and when i asked if anyone would like to post for me while i’m away, she offered immediately. I’m so chuffed that she said yes and rather than me mutter on here’s her post! Please check her website out if you haven’t already. some amazing recipes on there.
Well hello there….
My names Carrie and I go by the rather charming name of “Cup of Tea” in the blog world. I’m 29 years young (*Cringe – I hate that saying), and a proud Mum to a beautiful little boy called William.
Beth is going to be busy raving in Ibiza so I thought I’d do the admirable thing and keep you folks entertained in her absence…
As you can probably tell by my Blog, I love cooking, baking, beauty, visiting lovely places with my little family and lovely friends…blah blah blah; I tend to blog about what’s going on in my life week to week, a bit like a diary I suppose or a good natter with friends.
Now summer in the UK, and especially here ‘up North’ can be a little hit and miss to say the least. So I decided to steal a little of that Ibiza sunshine from Beth and bring summer back here by creating a delicious cocktail in her honour!
I call it San Angria (San Antonio and Sangria – see what I did there? Amazing!)
Here’s how to make it!
- 3 nectarines
- 3-4 limes
- ½ cup of Apricot brandy
- 2 bottles of chilled Prosecco
- 1 bottle of lemon and lime juice (not concentrated)
- Brown sugar (optional)
- In a lemonade dispenser or large pitcher, combine all fruit, washed, pitted if necessary and sliced into wedges. Stir in Apricot brandy; let sit at least 1 hour.
- Stir in Prosecco and lemon and lime juice.
- Add superfine sugar, if desired.
- Serve chilled in a glass with some of the fruit (I just scoop it out with a sieve spoon) and some Ice…
Switch your tunes on and dance like nobodies watching!
Here’s the finished Result
Follow my Instagram for the latest Ibiza snaps *here*